The Centre supports the teaching and learning of languages throughout the University. It does so flexibly in accordance with the needs of its users; it uses IT to underpin its operations and its activities are informed by relevant research in second language acquisition and educational technology.University of Cambridge Language Centre
The Language Centre is an Institution within the School of Arts and Humanities.
The mission of the Language Centre is to:
Increase multilingualism amongst students and staff of the University; and to promote, encourage and support the learning of languages for personal, academic and professional purposes.University of Cambridge Language Centre
To achieve our mission, the Language Centre aims to:
- Ensure access to outstanding language teaching and support for language learning for all current members of the University;
- Support the highest levels of academic achievement by students whose first language is not English;
- Exploit the latest technologies and pedagogies to develop bespoke language teaching and learning materials, for use across the University;
- Foster learner autonomy in language learners, whether studying independently and/or attending courses within the University;
- Provide bespoke professional advisory services to support individual language learners;
- Provide high quality learning resources in multiple media, both physical and virtual, in a wide range of languages;
- Collaborate and share expertise with other language learning providers within the University and in other organisations nationally and internationally;
- Promote language learning and access to university language study to students in schools and colleges.
The Language Centre is a member of the Association of University Language Centres (AULC), the University Council of Modern Languages (UCML), and the European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education (CercleS).
We also support Speak to the Future - The Campaign for Languages.