This is a web-application developed by the University of Cambridge Language Centre for basic level students of German. It focuses on listening and reading skill but it also includes many activities that help learners prepare for speaking and writing. The three sections invite you to acquire the functional language needed to go out and about in town, to travel and to organise your leisure time. The following reference materials are included in the German Basic Software in German Essentials, German Verbs and Basic German Grammar.
German Essentials, German Verbs and Basic German Grammar
If you do not require the whole German Basic application you can also download German Essentials, German Verbs and Basic German Grammar as stand alone applications.
Click on an image to view the full size version, and on 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons that appear near the top to view the other full-size images.
What computer do I need to run the web-application?
- A computer with a recent webbrowser (Firefox 3.0, Internet Explorer or later) and Flash 9.0 or later.
- Headphones are recommended.
How do I start the applications?
- Unzip the files for an application into a folder.
- Load the initial file (listed below) into your webbrowser and follow the navigation from there.
- German Basic = index.html
- German Essentials = ge_main.html
- Basic German Grammar = index.html
- German Verbs = gv_main.html
- To make it easier for future access create appropriately named shortcuts to each of the start files.
Please make sure you have read the FAQ before you contact us.
|Basic German (113MB)||German Essentials (20MB)||Basic German Grammar (0.5MB)||German Verbs (0.5MB)|