This is a web-application developed by the University of Cambridge Language Centre for basic level students of Chinese. It focuses on listening and reading skill but it also includes many activities that help learners prepare for speaking and writing. The thirteen sections invite you to acquire the functional language needed to go out and about in town, to travel and to organise your leisure time. It includes Chinese Essentials and a Basic Chinese Grammar.
Chinese Anki deck
Anki is a free flashcard programme. There are versions for a range of different operating systems including Windows, Macs and smartphones. You can download the relevant version from http://ankisrs.net/
Read the Read Me First, and follow the instructions to use the ChineseBasic Anki deck.
Click on an image to view the full size version, and on 'Next' and 'Prev' buttons that appear near the top to view the other full-size images.
What computer do I need to run the web-application?
- A computer with a recent webbrowser (Firefox 3.0, Internet Explorer or later) and Flash 9.0 or later.
- Headphones are recommended.
How do I start the Chinese Basic application?
- Unzip the files into a folder.
- Open the folder called 'Main' and load the index.html file into a browser (Firefox is probably best, but any recent browser) and then follow the navigation from there.
- To make it easier for future access create a shortcut to the index.html file.
Please make sure you have read the FAQ before you contact us.
|Chinese Basic (470MB)||ChineseBasic Anki Readme||ChineseBasic Anki deck|