Pre-Sessional Course - 13th August to 18th September 2013
EAP Pre-Sessional Course Registration
Students applying for graduate study at the University of Cambridge
Are you eligible to apply?
You must be a graduate applicant for the University of Cambridge, and be
- a student with a language condition who has been assessed by the Language Centre and attendance at the Pre-Sessional has been confirmed by the Graduate Admission Office,
- or, a student with no language condition.
The Pre-Sessional Course caters both for students who have narrowly missed their language condition requirements as well as students with no language condition. All students need to apply for an assessment before acceptance onto the Pre-Sessional Course can be confirmed.
Do you have an outstanding language condition?
One of the entry conditions for applicants whose first language is not English is that you pass an English language proficiency test to show that you have the necessary command of the language in order to get the most out of your course. For details on the minimum levels required and which English language proficiency tests are accepted, please refer to the Competence in English section in the Graduate Studies Prospectus.
Whilst attendance on this course can be a condition of graduate entry to the University of Cambridge, it is not an alternative to taking an initial English test (IELTS or TOEFL).
Conditional students: Please register by clicking on the registration form link provided on your University of Cambridge self service webpage.
It is important that we receive all of the details requested on the form. Please ensure you complete the registration form carefully and in full.
You will need the following information:
- Your USN and application number. (This information can be found on your University of Cambridge self service account.)
If you are applying to the Judge Business School, you only need to select the tick box.
- Details of your English language experience: This can be a brief explanation of where you have gained your English language experience, the dates and for how many years (i.e. BEng: University of Birmingham: 2008 for 3 years).
- English test results: If you have taken any English language tests, please provide the most recent results and the scores in each of the language skill areas. (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing)
Unconditional students: please email EAPadmin@langcen.cam.ac.uk including your name and application number in the message. You will then be sent an initial assessment.
MBA and MFin students: please email EAPadmin@langcen.cam.ac.uk with your full name.
You will receive a confirmation email containing further information within 5 working days of submitting your form.