Pre-Sessional Course - 13th August to 18th September 2013
The objective of this five-week intensive English for Academic Purposes course is to provide you with extensive tailored support in order to equip you with the necessary academic English skills for you to hit the ground running in October.
The focus is on enabling you to heighten not only your linguistic ability in English but also your postgraduate skills set, for example, by:
- refining the style and accuracy of your writing in your particular discipline;
- enhancing your awareness of the academic conventions of your discipline;
- extending you ability to listen to lectures and in seminars, take notes efficiently and ask questions appropriately;
- enabling you to participate confidently and appropriately in academic seminars;
- increasing your confidence and accuracy when presenting their research; and
- developing and refining your range of transferable skills.
The Pre-Sessional is not really a language course at all - but an academic skills training course tailored to the needs of international graduate students at Cambridge.
Whilst attendance on this course can be a condition of graduate entry to the University of Cambridge, it is not an alternative to taking an English test. For more information on what to do if the minimum language requirement has not been met, go to Language Condition.