Essential things to do before you enrol
CULP courses - 2013/2014
Michaelmas 2013: Monday 21 October - Friday 6 December (7 weeks)
Lent 2014: Thursday 16 January - Wednesday 12 March (8 weeks)
- CULP courses incorporate taught classes with on-line support. Access to a multi-media capable computer is therefore a necessary condition for completing the course. You can use computers in the Language Centre to access these resources.
- Please note that the Language Centre reserves the right to cancel groups that fail to enrol at least 12 students. Anyone in a group that is cancelled will be offered the option of either enrolling in an alternative group or being fully refunded.
Lent term courses are a continuation of the courses that started in Michaelmas and enrolment is on a first-come first-served basis.
Please note that:
- You are welcome to join a basic level course provided you are NOT an absolute beginner (please check syllabi and past exams for further information about levels);
- Should you enrol in January and complete an Advanced level course, you will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance (rather than a CULP Award) and this course will NOT appear on your University transcript.
Please check the timetable to see if there are spaces on the course you wish to enrol.
Timetables, staff, syllabi and past papers can be found under the specific information for each language.
Once you've selected the course you'd like to join, please send an e-mail to the Courses Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org to complete enrolment.
Please make sure you are aware of the dates for the assessment tests which are mandatory. It is your responsibility to ensure you are available on the days your tests are being held. See the dates page for details.
- Undergraduate students only: please ask your Tutor or DOS to sign the consent letter and either send it to the Administrator or bring it in to the first lesson. Print the Consent Letter (Raven) and get it signed and give the signed letter to your teacher at your first lesson, send it via UMS, or leave it at Language Centre reception.
Fees for Lent 2014
- Students: £85 to be paid online (select 'Concessionary').
- Staff (including Colleges, UCLES staff and post-docs): £125 to be paid online (select 'Full').
- Payment is required within 24 hours of your booking to secure your place.
- Please note that no refunds will be given after the first lesson of the Lent term.
It is the student's duty to plan ahead and make sure they can cope with their study workload.
If you have any queries please email email@example.com