Essential things to do before you enrol
CULP courses - 2014/2015
The next Standard CULP course will start in the week beginning Monday 20 October.
Dates for 2014/2015
Michaelmas: Monday 20 October 2014 - Friday 5 December 2014
Lent: Thursday 15 January 2015 - Wednesday 11 March 2015
There is a link to the online booking site under the timetable for each language.
Follow the side links for information about the languages and levels we offer and the timetable for Michaelmas and Lent courses..
New courses starting in Michaelmas 2014 include German for Business and Italian Advanced.
- CULP courses incorporate taught classes with on-line support. Access to a multi-media capable computer is therefore a necessary condition for completing the course. You can use computers in the Language Centre to access these resources.
- Please note that the Language Centre reserves the right to cancel groups that fail to enrol at least 12 students. Anyone in a group that is cancelled will be offered the option of either enrolling in an alternative group or being fully refunded.
Fees for 2014/2015 Standard Courses (Michaelmas & Lent)
- Students: £190 to be paid online (select 'Concessionary').
- Staff including Colleges and UCLES* staff: £240 to be paid online (select 'Full').
(* provided they are eligible to/can obtain a Raven password)
- Payment is required within 24 hours of your booking to secure your place.
- Please note that no refunds will be given after the end of the first week of the course.
It is the student's duty to plan ahead and make sure they can cope with their study workload.
- Once enrolled you can still change levels provided there are available places in the group you want to move to.
Please make sure you are aware of the dates for the assessment tests which are mandatory. It is your responsibility to ensure you are available on the days your tests are being held. See the dates page for details.
Undergraduate students only: please ask your Tutor or DOS to sign the consent letter and either send it to the Administrator or bring it in to the first lesson. Print the Consent Letter (Raven) and get it signed and back to us by Friday 25 October. You can give the signed letter to your teacher at your first lesson, send it via UMS, or leave it at Language Centre reception.
Advising sessions will take place from Monday 13 October - Friday 17 October 2014 in Teaching Rooms 1 and 2 at the Language Centre. These are usually held between 12:00 - 14:00. Days for specific languages will be announced closer to the time.
Any queries regarding levels should be directed to Zoe (email@example.com).
They will be forwarded to the Co-ordinators. Make sure you have looked at the syllabi,
course specifications and previous assessment tests before contacting Zoe.
Before you follow the link for online enrolment (under the timetables) make sure you have read all the information about the courses, familiarised yourself with the course and assessment dates, and checked the timetables.
Please note that ENROLMENT and FEE PAYMENT are ONLINE only.
If you have any CULP queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please direct any financial enquiries to email@example.com.
Include your crsID and details of the issue in the message.