Essential things to do before you enrol
CULP courses - 2014/2015It is possible to join a current CULP class for the Lent Term 2015,
however it is important to read all of the information below.
Classes start in the week beginning Thursday 15 January 2015 and end week beginning Thursday 5 March 2015.
- Please note that these courses are a CONTINUATION of Michaelmas and do not start from scratch. Prior knowledge of the language (depending on the level) is therefore a requirement.
- Please check the timetables for available spaces and send an e-mail to email@example.com (Zoe, the CULP Administrator) stating the class you wish to join. (Timetables are available under the information for each language - follow the side link.)
- You will be sent the payment link and automatically be given access to the course materials. Places are offered on a first-come first-served basis.
- Please note that Lent joiners AT ADVANCED level will be issued a Certificate of Attendance and not the CULP Award, due to starting halfway through the course (attendance requirement University restrictions).
Fees for 2015 Standard Courses - Lent Term 2015
- Students: £110 to be paid online (select 'Concessionary').
- Staff including Colleges and UCLES* staff: £130 to be paid online (select 'Full').
(* provided they are eligible to/can obtain a Raven password)
- Payment is required within 24 hours of your booking to secure your place.
- Please note that no refunds will be given after the end of the first week of the course.
It is the student's duty to plan ahead and make sure they can cope with their study workload.
- Once enrolled you can still change levels provided there are available places in the group you want to move to.
- CULP courses incorporate taught classes with on-line support. Access to a multi-media capable computer is therefore a necessary condition for completing the course. You can use computers in the Language Centre to access these resources.
- Please note that the Language Centre reserves the right to cancel groups that fail to enrol at least 12 students. Anyone in a group that is cancelled will be offered the option of either enrolling in an alternative group or being fully refunded.
Please make sure you are aware of the dates for the assessment tests which are mandatory. It is your responsibility to ensure you are available on the days your tests are being held. See the dates page for details.
Undergraduate students only: please ask your Tutor or DOS to sign the consent letter. Print the Consent Letter (Raven) and get it signed and back to us before your first lesson in the Lent term. Send it via UMS, or leave it at Language Centre reception.
Any queries regarding levels should be directed to Zoe (firstname.lastname@example.org).
They will be forwarded to the Co-ordinators. Make sure you have looked at the syllabi,
course specifications and previous assessment tests before contacting Zoe.
It is no longer enrol via the UTBS online system. If you wish to join a class please check the timetable and send an email to email@example.com, stating the class you wish to join - Language, Level and Time.