Access information for users with disabilities
- The main entrance to the Language Centre is from street level plus 1 step (15 cm). Wheelchair access is through a side entrance on Downing Place. There is an intercom to reception from both the main entrance door and from the side entrance gate.
- There is a disabled toilet on the ground floor.
- There are no parking facilities next to the Language Centre in Downing Place. However, with prior arrangement, it may be possible to find a place in the Downing Site (contact reception or our Disability Liaison Officer Michele Wilkinson).
- Language Learning and Advice
Learners who wish to use their specialist equipment (e.g. hearing aid with own headphones etc.) in the John Trim Centre for independent learning should contact the Reception in the first instance. If necessary the technical staff will check the connections.
- Teaching rooms and taught courses
There are four teaching rooms and an induction loop system is installed. Two teaching rooms are on the ground floor, and two are on the 1st floor - no lift facility available.
- Students with disabilities or special needs enrolling on taught courses should contact the administrator for the course or the Disability Liaison Officer.
Disability Liaison Officer - Michele Wilkinson
e-mail: email@example.com, phone: (3)35058/35027